Wednesday Evenings, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
SOS is a program that offers a faith community, and spiritual growth opportunities, for the entire family – adults, children and youth – all on the same night, at the same time, in the same place. SOS takes place on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month from 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.. The Fall 2017 semester of SOS consists of 8 sessions beginning on Sept. 20 and continuing through Jan. 2018 (excluding Dec. 20). The evening is broken down into three parts:
Arrival & Dinner
- A delicious, family style dinner is provided – for a small suggested donation of $2.50/child, $5/adult, or $15/family. See a sample menu.
Inter-generational Fellowship Time
- A time to enjoy being all together with fun, leader-led activities, such as games, music, family introductions, funny video clips, and some great table group interaction.
Age-specific, Small Group, Spiritual Growth Experiences
- Adults will have a choice between, Grace Based Parenting – Part 2, or LOVE1st 101 classes. Click here for details.
- Middle School youth will attend Downtown Youth Group (DYG) meeting.
- There is not class for High School Youth however they are encouraged to serve in the volunteer area of their choice.
- SOS Children’s Program – Children (nursery to 5th grade) will be divided into groups by age. Teams of volunteers will lead the different groups in 20 minutes each of Play, Pray and Praise. Click here for details.
SOS was created with the specific needs of families with children and youth in mind, but everyone is welcome to participate – and volunteers are always welcome!
To facilitate planning and meal preparation we ask that everyone register in advance if at all possible. Click the button to go to the online registration form.